Know the Signs of a Scam
We cannot guarantee our customers will not be contacted by scammers, but working together we can ensure our customers know how to protect themselves in the event of scam situation.
Pushy scammers will contact customers to obtain payment for a supposed past-due charge. Scammers may also threaten to shut off service if payment is not received. City of Lubbock Utilities and the individual city-owned utilities (water, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste and LP&L electric) do not conduct business door-to-door; City of Lubbock Utilities will never contact customers over the phone or in person to request credit card information or threaten immediate termination of service.
If you suspect an interaction with a scammer has occurred, contact us at 806-775-2509.
See the chart below for common scam situations:
Under no circumstances will City of Lubbock Utilities make the types of calls or offers listed above, nor do we ask for these methods of payment over the phone.
Protect yourself from scammers:
- Call City of Lubbock Utilities at 806-775-2509 to obtain accurate information about your account or to ensure you're speaking to a City of Lubbock Utilities employee.
- Never give your credit or debit card number or other personal information to any caller without knowing their true identity.
- City of Lubbock Utilities will never make in-person visits to collect payment, so never give your credit or debit card number or other personal information to anyone visiting your home or business.
- Sign up at CityofLubbockUtilities.com and manage your accounts online 24/7.
- Know how to identify City of Lubbock Utilities employees:
- Employees always wear company uniforms.
- Employees always wear identification badges.
- Employees identify themselves and the purpose of their visit.
- Employees drive vehicles marked with City of Lubbock or LP&L logos or mirror hangers.