May 4, 2020 Update
City of Lubbock Utilities Downtown Lobby Open for Kiosk Payments and Customer Service Assistance
City of Lubbock Utilities is committed to the health and safety of our community. Beginning Monday, May 4, 2020, the customer service lobby at 1301 Broadway will be open to the public for kiosk payments and customer service assistance. We may limit the number of customers in the lobby to adhere to recommended health and safety guidelines.
Out of an abundance of caution and to protect the well-being of our customers and employees:
- Face coverings are strongly recommended while in the lobby.
- Please use hand sanitizer stations located by the lobby doors upon entering and exiting the building.
- Please use markers on the floor when waiting in line to maintain at least 6 feet of separation between yourself and others.
- At-risk persons are strongly encouraged to pay their bill over the phone or online instead of visiting the lobby at this time.
- City of Lubbock Utilities employees are frequently disinfecting regularly touched surfaces such as door handles, self-service payment kiosks, tables and chairs.
Customers are encouraged to pay using one of the following methods when possible:
- By phone (806-775-2509)
- By mail (1301 Broadway, Lubbock, Texas 79401)
- 24-hour drop box (1301 Broadway, south side of building)
- Drive-thru automated kiosk (1301 Broadway, south side of building)
- Western Union payment centers located inside Amigos, United Supermarkets, and Market Street also currently remain open. Click here for a full list of payment options.
City of Lubbock Utilities customer service representatives are available by phone, email or text for account, billing, payments, and other questions:
- Phone: 806-775-2509, Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Email or text: CustomerFirst@CityofLubbockUtilities.com
All other operational staff will continue to function as normal during this time, including field service crews for City of Lubbock Water and Lubbock Power & Light (LP&L) electric service.
City of Lubbock Utilities is currently supporting customers by suspending service disconnects for non-payment. This public health decision will remain in effect until further notice. Customers are strongly encouraged to stay current on their payments or call customer service to discuss options for payment arrangements or other assistance during this time. Customers staying current on their monthly utility payments allows all city utilities to continue to provide vital field services to the community during this critical time.