COVID-19 Utility Bill Assistance Options
In order to assist customers who may have fallen behind over the past few months, City of Lubbock Utilities is offering several areas of assistance that should be utilized by customers in need. As we transition back to normal operations, it is important to us that customers have options when it comes to getting their account current. Please visit our COVID-19 Utility Bill Assistance Options page for full details.
July 1, 2020 Update
The customer service lobby at 1401 Avenue K is open to the public for kiosk payments and customer service assistance. We may limit the number of customers in the lobby to adhere to recommended health and safety guidelines.
Per Lubbock City Council’s Declaration of Disaster in response to COVID-19, all customers must wear a face covering at all times while inside the building. Face coverings should fit snugly against the face and fully cover the nose and mouth.
Out of an abundance of caution and to protect the well-being of our customers and employees:
- Please use hand sanitizer stations located by the lobby doors upon entering and exiting the building.
- Please use markers on the floor when waiting in line to maintain at least 6 feet of separation between yourself and others.
- At-risk persons are strongly encouraged to pay their bill over the phone or online instead of visiting the lobby at this time.
- City of Lubbock Utilities employees are frequently disinfecting regularly touched surfaces such as door handles, self-service payment kiosks, tables and chairs.
Customers are encouraged to pay using one of the following methods when possible:
- By phone (806-775-2509)
- By mail (1401 Avenue K, Lubbock, Texas 79401)
- 24-hour drop box (1401 Avenue K, south side of building)
- Drive-thru automated kiosk (1401 Avenue K, south side of building)
- Western Union payment centers located inside Amigos, United Supermarkets, and Market Street also currently remain open. Click here for a full list of payment options.
City of Lubbock Utilities customer service representatives are available by phone, email or text for account, billing, payments, and other questions:
- Phone: 806-775-2509, Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Email or text: CustomerFirst@CityofLubbockUtilities.com
All other operational staff will continue to function as normal during this time, including field service crews for City of Lubbock Water and Lubbock Power & Light (LP&L) electric service.